- 50g butter alternative
- 120ml milk alternative
- Sunflower oil
- 250g plain flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Gently melt the butter over a low heat. Add the milk alternative and 2 tbsp sunflower oil and mix together.
2. Once this has combined take it off the heat.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, caster sugar, baking powder & salt.
4. Pour in the butter mixture and combine until a dough forms.
5. Roll the dough into small flat balls and with your thumb, press a hole in the centre of each doughnut.
6. Fill a pan halfway with sunflower oil. To test if the oil is hot enough fry a small piece of bread and it goes brown and floats to the top in less than 1 min the oil is ready.
7. Fry the doughnuts in the oil for 3-5 minutes on each side.
8. Transfer the doughnuts onto kitchen roll to soak up excess oil.
9. Roll the doughnuts in a bowl of caster sugar when they're still warm.