These vegan cauliflower wings make the perfect side dish or main when hosting friends. Just serve them in a sauce of your choice alongside other vegan sides.
- 1 large head of cauliflower,
- 150g plain flour,
- 300ml plant-based milk,
- 2 tsp garlic powder,
- 1 tsp onion powder,
- 1 tsp paprika,
- 1⁄2 tsp salt,
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper,
- 100g panko breadcrumbs,
- Sauce of your choice. We used 150g vegan mayonnaise and sriracha.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Break the cauliflower into florets and cut the stem into bite-sized pieces.
- Put the flour, plant-based milk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk to a batter.
- Tip the cauliflower into the batter and toss to coat. Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl of panko bread crumbs and ensure each piece is well coated.
- Spread the cauliflower pieces over a lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix together the vegan mayo and hot sauce.
- After 20 minutes, remove the tray from the oven, and mix the cauliflower pieces in the sauce. Put the cauliflower wings back on the tray and put them back in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve the cauliflower wings while they’re still hot on a serving plate, sprinkled with the sesame seeds and red chilli.