Chef and Rangemaster brand ambassador* Jordan Bourke has created this delicious recipe exclusively for Rangemaster using his Nexus Steam range cooker.
- 150g unsalted butter, plus more to grease, at room temperature
- 130g plain flour, plus more to dust
- 1 tbsp stem ginger, very finely chopped
- 8 medjool dates, stoned and chopped
- 1 tbsp marsala wine
- 1 orange, zested
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 50g ground almonds
- Jersey cream or crème fraiche, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Handful of roasted almonds, halved, to serve
- Grease 6 dariole moulds with butter and line the base of each mould with a disk of parchment paper, then dust with a little flour. Set the moulds onto the perforated metal tray for the steam cavity.
- In a bowl, combine together the stem ginger, chopped dates, marsala and orange zest. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, this may take up to 5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Fold in the flour, salt, baking powder and ground almonds, followed by the dates and marsala.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pudding moulds and cook for 25 minutes at 100° steam. Remove from the steam cavity and leave to cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edges of each pudding and carefully invert onto a plate. Serve immediately with some Jersey cream or crème fraiche, maple syrup and roasted almonds scattered over.