- 2 x Ready Roll Shortcrust Pastry
- 480g frozen cherries
- 60g ground almonds
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg
1. Firstly preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6.
2. Put a baking tray in the oven to heat up.
3. Roll out 1 pack of ready rolled shortcrust pastry and use it to line a 1-litre pie dish, trimming any excess pastry with a knife.
4. In a bowl mix together the frozen cherries, ground almonds and 3 tbsp caster sugar, and tip into the pastry-lined pie dish.
5. Roll out another ready made shortcrust pastry and cut this into long strips.
6. Weave the strips together over the pie filling to form a lattice pattern. Press down the edges to seal and trim off the excess pastry.
7. Brush the lattice with a beaten egg and sprinkle over half a tbsp of caster sugar.
8. Transfer the pie to the hot baking tray and bake for 45-50 minutes until the pastry is golden.