Makes: 12 Cupcakes
- 150g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 15g cornflour
- 1 orange
- 175g unsalted butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 50g strawberries plus extra for decorating
- 50g raspberries
- Bunch of mint leaves
- 200ml Pimm's
- 75g caster sugar
- 275g unsalted butter
- 50ml semi skimmed milk
- 350g icing sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a 12-hole cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
2. In a mixing bowl sieve the self-raising flour, baking powder, cornflour and mix in the zest of 1 orange.
3. In another bowl, cream 175g of unsalted butter and 175g caster sugar. Add 3 medium eggs (already beaten) and mix.
4. Stir in the the flour mixture to the butter and eggs until combined.
5. Lightly crush 50g of strawberries and 50g of raspberries and fold this through the mixture.
6. Divide the mixture evenly across the 12 cupcake cases and bake for 25 minutes.
7. Next, make the Pimms syrup. Gently heat 200ml of Pimm's and 75g caster sugar in a saucepan and keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the syrup has thickened.
8. Once the cupcakes are out of the oven, use a toothpick to create small holes across the top of the cupcakes. Brush the cupcakes with the Pimm's syrup and leave to cool.
9. While the cupcakes are cooling make the buttercream by mixing together 275g unsalted butter and 50ml semi skimmed milk. Gradually add 350g icing sugar until smooth and thick.
10. Decorate your cupcakes with the buttercream, sliced strawberries and mint leaves.