Indulge in this delicious summer fruit pavlova recipe.
- 6 free-range egg whites
- 350g caster sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- pinch salt
- 600ml double cream, whipped until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed
- 250g strawberries, halved
- 250g raspberries
- 50g pistashios, crushed for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Whisk the egg whites and salt in a large clean dry bowl until they form soft peaks when the whisk is removed. Slowly whisk in the sugar and continue to whisk until the egg whites are stiff and glossy. Whisk in the cornflour and vinegar.
- Using a third of the mixture each time, spoon the meringue on to the grease proof paper in equal sized rectangular shapes.
- Reduce the oven to 140C and bake the meringues for an hour, or until the meringue is crisp outside
- Switch off the oven and leave the meringue to cool down in the oven.
- To assemble the pavlova, place one of the meringue layers on to a serving plate. Spread one-third of the double cream onto the meringue and top with some of the strawberries and raspberries. Top with another meringue and spread another third of the cream onto the meringue and top with more strawberries and raspberries. Repeat the process for the final layer and sprinkle crushed pistachios over the top.