This Italian favourite goes well with soup or can be made on smaller pieces of bread, which are good to serve with drinks.
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and halved
- 4 slices of crusty bread or Ciabatta, toasted
- Green olive tapenade
- 6 ripe plum tomatoes, skinned de-seeded and chopped
- 1 orange pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 100g grated cheese
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Basil sprigs to garnish
- Rub the garlic over both sides of the toasted bread.
- Spread tapenade generously over each slice of toast
- Top with the tomato, pepper and cheese and place under a hot grill just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Transfer to a serving plate and drizzle lightly with olive oil and garnish with basil sprigs.