These homemade burgers are a great recipe for the summer; whether you're BBQ-ing outdoors or using your Rangemaster griddle in the kitchen, they are sure to be a hit.
For the burgers:
- 1kg/2¼lbs extra lean minced beef
- 2 small onions, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sunflower oil
- 6 burger buns
- Havarti or Raclette cheese slices
- Sliced pickled gherkins
- Sliced onion
- Burger relish
- Sliced tomato
- Mix the minced beef with the onion, parsley, and seasoning.
- Divide equally into 6 and form into 6 large burgers.
- Chill for as long as possible to help keep the burgers from breaking during cooking.
- Brush the tops of the burgers with oil and place them top down on to a pre heated griddle. Brush the base of the burgers with oil also.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes each side.
- Assemble the burgers in the buns with the fillings of choice