Perfect for those who aren't lovers of the traditional christmas pudding.
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g cocoa powder
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g soft butter
- 60ml plain yoghurt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
For the decoration:
- 125g white chocolate
- Glace cherries
- Green fondant icing
- Butter a 1 litre metal pudding basin.
- Put the flour and cocoa powder into a processor and blitz to get rid of any lumps. Add all the remaining pudding ingredients to the processor and blitz, for longer this time, to mix. Take the lid off, scrape it down, then put the lid back on for 3 more long pulses, scrape the chocolate batter into the prepared basin, smooth it down (the batter will come only halfway up the basin).
- Cook the cake on full steam for 40 minutes.
- While the chocolate pudding is steaming, melt down the white chocolate in a small saucepan.
- When the pudding is cooked, remove it from the basin, pour over the melted white chocolate and decorate with the glace cherries and green fondant icing cut into leaves.