Christmas has been and gone and everyone is thinking about shedding those few extra pounds that were gained over the Christmas period, but who wants to eat rabbit food for the next 3 days and then give up. It’s important to remain positive and still enjoy your food, even when you are trying to shed those few extra pounds, one of the best ways to do this is to ensure that you are eating three healthy, exciting and different meals a day. So many people skip breakfast whether it is due to time restrictions, being disorganised or the classic excuse, “I don’t usually feel hunger in the morning”. It really important to eat a balanced breakfast to give your body energy and help start your day in a bright and positive way. Hopefully the super quick, healthy and delicious recipes that we have created here at Rangemaster, will make you excited about cooking and eating breakfast and give you lots of energy to battle through the cold winter months.
Creating breakfast on your Rangemaster couldn’t be easier, the use of the griddle means that you have a flat or flat and ridged direct heat surface, perfect for pancakes, fried eggs, bacon and sausage. The griddles are very easy to control the temperature and can be lifted off the cooker for cleaning purposes. Below is a healthy eating breakfast recipe that is using the griddle plate.
Sweetcorn fritters, with smoked salmon and poached eggs
- 165g tinned Sweetcorn, drained weigh
- 2 large eggs
- 20ml whole milk
- 50g plain flour
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices of good quality smoked salmon
- 4 large eggs (they need to be as fresh as possible in order to poach)
- Rangemaster griddle
- Preheat the griddle plate on your Rangemaster range cooker to a medium heat.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and Sweetcorn.
- Sieve in the flour and spices and gently fold, until you get a smooth batter.
- Wipe the griddle with a little oil. Drop tablespoons of the fritter mixture onto the griddle
- When the mixture looks cooked around the edges, about 2 minutes, turn the fritters over and cook the other side.
- To poach the eggs, bring a saucepan of water to the boil then drop the heat to a simmer, so there are just about small bubbles rising to the surface of the water.
- Crack the eggs two at a time into the simmering water, when the white has set and the eggs have risen to the surface remove from the pan of water.
- Place two sweet corn fritters on a plate and curl a slice of smoked salmon on top of each fritter and top with two poached eggs.
If that is too much like hard work in the morning for you, then why not try these delicious oat bites, this can be made a few days in advance and kept in an air tight container, they can even be put in your desk draw, just make sure nobody else knows where you hide them as you might not have any left for your breakfast otherwise.
Dark chocolate, Goji berry and Cranberry oat bites
- 2 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 3 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 100ml boiling water
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 360g porridge oats
- 50g goji berries
- 50g dried cranberries
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 50g dark 70% cocoa chocolate chunks
- 25cm x 17.5cm tin, greased and lined
- Preheat the Rangemaster Fan Oven to 170°c.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, eggs white, honey, water and vanilla and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, mix together the porridge oats, Goji berries, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and chocolate chunks.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the egg white mixture, stirring until the oats begin to stick together.
- Tip into the prepared tin and level with the back of a metal spoon.
- Place in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting into pieces and enjoy.
So with these super simple and amazingly delicious recipes there really is no excuse to skip breakfast.