A fabulous vegan dessert that is very easy to make. These little pots are bursting with delicious chocolate sauce. By using olive oil in the mixture it gives a lovely smooth batter that is light and airy when cooked. This is a dessert for vegans and non-vegans alike and they are best served warm with lashings of sauce.
Serves: 6 people
- 75g plain flour
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 30g cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 125ml oat milk
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
For the sauce
- 220ml Elmlea single plant cream
- 80g dark chocolate chips
- A couple of squares of melted dark chocolate to drizzle (optional)
You also need 6 large glass or ceramic ramekins
- Firstly ensure your steam cavity is filled with fresh water, is clean and ready to go. For this recipe you need the wire rack only.
- Grease the ramekins with a little vegan butter/spread
- Thoroughly mix all of the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Whisk all of the wet ingredients together
- Add the wet to the dry and mix well
- Weigh 50g to 60g of the mixture into each ramekin (don’t be tempted to add more or they will spill over during cooking)
- Place the ramekins onto the wire rack in the steam cavity and cook at full 100° steam for:
- 10 minutes built-in steam cavity
- 8 minutes Nexus steam
- While the chocolate cooks make the sauce
- Add the cream to a saucepan and heat gently until fairly hot but not simmering or boiling. Turn off the heat and add the chocolate chips. Mix until you have a very smooth sauce.
- Once the chocolate pots are cooked remove them carefully from the oven.
- Make a hole in the centre of the chocolate pot and fill it with the sauce and then cover the top with the sauce. Repeat for each one
- Lastly use the melted dark chocolate to make a swirl effect or pattern on the top of each pot
- Serve warm
- The cooking time in the steam oven may vary slightly by one or two minutes depending on if you have a Nexus steam oven or a standard built-in steam oven.
- Easily double the recipe and cook 12. The beauty of steam cooking is that you do not need to double the cooking time!
- These would also work in a small metal ramekin or dariole mould, reduce the cooking time by 1 minute
- For extra indulgence serve with extra whipped or single elmlea vegan cream.
This recipe has been developed especially for Rangemaster by Product Demonstrator, Lindsey Payne.