Making an omelette in the steam cavity is really quick and easy. It is not an omelette in the traditional sense but a tasty combination of eggs, cheese, tomato, onion and basil all gently steamed to perfection. They can also be made in silicon cake cases to take on a picnic!
- 6 cherry tomato’s chopped
- ½ red onion finely diced
- 4 large fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- Good grind of fresh black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 50g fresh grated mozzarella
You will also need either a 4 hole Yorkshire pudding tray or 4 to 5 silicone muffin cases
- Firstly, ensure your steam cavity is filled with fresh water, is clean and ready to go. For this recipe you need the wire rack for the Yorkshire pudding tin or the solid tray for the muffin cases
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well
- Grease the tin or muffin cases really well with butter/spread
- Divide the mixture between the 4 holes of the Yorkshire pudding tin (if using) or between 4 to 5 muffin cases (if using and depending on the size of the case)
- Place the tin onto the wire rack in the steam cavity or if using the muffin cases place them onto the solid tray and cook at full 100° steam for:
- 6 minutes Yorkshire pudding tin
- 8 minutes muffin cases
- When the time is up use a spatula to get the mini omelettes out of the tin or peel back the muffin cases gently. You could top with some more freshly chopped basil
- Enjoy hot or cold. They make a nice lunch with a green salad or take the muffin cases with you on a picnic and enjoy cold straight from the case.
This recipe has been developed especially for Rangemaster by Product Demonstrator, Lindsey Payne.