This versatile recipe uses the steam cavity and integrated grill. This is a vegan recipe that can easily be made into a vegetarian one or meat eaters one! Have a look at the cooks notes below for ideas on how to make different versions of this dish. A quick simple supper with a salad or have the steaks with homemade chunky chips and garlic (vegan) mayo!
Total cooking time: 14 minutes
- 1 small cauliflower – cut so that you get at least two large “steaks” of cauliflower
- 2 generous tablespoons of vegan red pesto
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 10 black olives - halved
- 50g Applewood smoked vegan cheese – grated
- Fresh basil finely sliced
- Firstly, ensure your steam cavity is filled with fresh water, is clean and ready to go. For this recipe you need the perforated tray and the solid tray.
- Place the cauliflower steaks onto the perforated tray and cook at 100° steam for:
- 10 mins (Built-in steam cavity)
- 8 minutes (Nexus steam cavity)
- Mix the red pesto and tomato puree together.
- When the cauliflower has finished steaming remove it from the cavity. Transfer the cauliflower steaks onto the solid steam tray.
- Spread the tomato mixture onto the top of the steaks and then add 10 olive halves onto each one then sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- Place the solid tray onto the runner in position 2 (the second row down from the top) and close the door.
- Set the cavity to Grill 200° for 5 minutes. If your pieces of cauliflower are quite thick then only set the grill time for 4 minutes and press start.
- Remove, immediately, from the cavity when the time is up.
- Sprinkle over the finely chopped basil and enjoy hot or warm.
- Keep an eye on the cauliflower steaks for the last minute of grilling time and if they look done then press the pause button and open the oven to check on them
- Easily double or triple the recipe and cook two at once. The beauty of steam cooking is that you do not need to double the cooking time!
- Make this with any of the following topping ideas
- Add some freshly diced red chilli to the tomato mix
This recipe has been developed especially for Rangemaster by Product Demonstrator, Lindsey Payne.