- 2 smoked bacon medallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 125g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 50g butter
- 100ml milk
- 30g Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Line a muffin tin with 6 paper cases. Fry the bacon in the oil for 5 mins and leave to cool,
- Mix the self-raising wholemeal flour and baking powder.
- Whisk together the egg, butter and milk, then mix into the dry ingredients. Add the bacon and half the cheese.
- Divide between the muffin cases. Top each with extra grated cheddar.
- Bake for 18 mins or until golden, then remove and cool.