- 24 large raw prawns
- 100g chorizo sausage, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 red pepper, halved, deseeded, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 1 large lemon, cut into 3cm pieces
- 16 bay leaves
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 28g packet fresh coriander
- Juice 1 lemon
Preparation Time: 5 Mins
Total Time: 25 Mins
- Thread a prawn onto a wood or metal skewer, then a piece each of chorizo, pepper and lemon. Thread on a bay leaf then repeat, using 3 prawns on each skewer and finishing with a bay leaf.
- Brush the skewers with a little oil. Cook on a ribbed grill pan for about 5 mins, turning every few minutes until the prawns are pink and cooked through, and the pepper and chorizo are golden and a little charred at the edges.
- Whizz the coriander, lemon juice and remaining oil until smooth, then season. Drizzle over the cooked prawn skewers. Serve immediately.
Don’t forget, If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before use to stop them burning.