This dish is so quick and easy. It has a zingy dressing that is perfect for a mid-week pick me up. It’s time saving too and can all be cooked, in one dish, in the steam cavity in 10 minutes.
Serves: 2 people
- Large bag of fresh egg noodles
- 2 salmon fillets – skin removed
- Couple handfuls tenderstem or purple sprouting broccoli
- 4 spring onions sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- Half a red chilli diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney (maple syrup or sweet chilli sauce would also work)
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander or parsley
- Firstly ensure your steam cavity is filled with fresh water, is clean and ready to go. For this recipe you need the wire rack only.
- Using a metal rectangular or square roasting/baking dish (ideally a gastronorm ⅓ size 10cm deep but a small roasting dish would work well) place half the noodles into the base of the dish and then place the two salmon fillets on the top of the noodles, cover with the remaining noodles and then top with the broccoli.
- Place the dish onto the wire rack and cook at full steam 100°:
- 8 minutes if you have a Nexus steam range cooker
- 10 minutes if you have a Rangemaster built-in steam oven.
- While the noodles cook make the dressing by placing all of the ingredients into a bowl and mixing well.
- When the cooking is finished simply divide between two plates and spoon the dressing onto the salmon and noodles.
- The cooking time in the steam cavity may vary slightly by one or two minutes depending on if you have a nexus steam range cooker or a standard built-in steam oven. The time will also depend on how big your salmon fillets are – if they are really big they may take slightly longer.
- Easily double the recipe and cook two at once or use a large dish. The beauty of steam cooking is that you do not need to double the cooking time!
- This dish would also work with a cod loin or tuna steak
This recipe has been developed especially for Rangemaster by Product Demonstrator, Lindsey Payne.