Whilst the recent heatwave has been a welcome change from the usual rainy British summer, it’s become somewhat challenging knowing how best to keep cool. Some have invested in high-tech fans for sounder sleeping during the still nights while others have been stocking up on ice-lollies and cold drinks for the family. The weather has been truly wonderful, which is why Rangemaster’s cool new refrigeration range has come at just the right time!
There are six new A+ rated models that have been added to its current collection, offering brand new functions and features that will keep food fresh for longer. Available in Black, Stainless Steel and Ivory, the new appliances include the RSXS18 freestanding American-style four-door fridge-freezer, which has 560 litres of storage space, and the RDXD18 French-style two-door, two-drawer version, which offers 557 litres.
Providing plenty of space for fresh and frozen food, the American and French-style designs are packed with brand new technologies that are created to take care of your ingredients inside…
· even-Circ™ minimises any heat transfer from the walls inside the cooler unit to ensure food stays fresher for longer.
· Ionizer™ technology spreads negative ions, which neutralise particles of unpleasant odours and dust inside the refrigerator. By removing these particles, air quality is improved, and odours are eliminated.
· RangeFresh™ preserver technology helps to remove ethylene gas (a bio product released naturally from fresh foods) and any unpleasant odours, ensuring food stays fresh.
The American-style model also offers complete flexibility for family entertaining, as the two freezer compartments can be independently controlled. This enables the bottom left-hand compartment to be programmed and used as either a chiller or a freezer, maximising space as and when required.
What’s more, you’ll also benefit from these added value functions too:
Quick drink mode - cool drinks quickly by placing them in either of the freezer compartments, with a timer that can serve as a reminder to take the beverages out.
Super freeze mode - rapidly freezes fresh food to retain quality, automatically returning to the last set temperature after 24 hours. Super cool mode - helps to cool and store large quantities of food in the fridge compartment and quickly chill drinks, automatically reverting to the last set temperature after four hours.
Rangemaster has also introduced new integrated refrigeration for those who prefer a sleek, seamless look with appliances hidden behind cabinetry doors. The 70:30, 50:50 fridge-freezers and tall larder fridge and freezer feature Opti-lift™, which allows the door shelves to be adjusted to six diﬀerent heights to provide flexible storage depending on your needs.
With the fridge packed with lots of lovely picnic treats, here’s our round up of the best accessories for alfresco eating…
11) Sophie Allport’s Pheasant oilcloth picnic cool bag and matching blanket are great for heading out to the countryside or beach. The bag has a practical Velco fastened pocket inside and costs £32 while the 145cm x 140cm blanket is priced £35 (www.sophieallport.com)
12) With its open top style, there’s plenty of room in this Bembridge picnic basket from Garden Trading. Priced £45, it’s made from chunky woven Kubu rattan with solid rattan handles (www.gardentrading.co.uk)
13) Bring the outdoor festival feel to your own back garden with vintage Katie Alice Festival Folk picnicware from Creative Tops. Made from natural pressed bamboo, choose from dinner and side plates, cereal and salad bowls, tumblers and trays (www.creative-tops.com)
14) Gisela Graham has a fantastic range of alfresco picnicware with prices from just £6. The Natural Willow Wicker Tray costs £30 for a nest of two; the Compartment Caddy is priced £15; the Twin Bottle Set, £18 and clear pressed glass retro bowl, £6 (www.giselagraham.co.uk)