Combining a wide variety of cooking functions in one single appliance, the new NEXUS Steam range cooker from Rangemaster features a dedicated steam cavity, a first for the range cooking market. The freestanding design gives you the chance to combine convenience with healthy cooking, retaining nutrients, vitamins and flavour thanks to the innovative injection steam cavity. Steam is highly sought after in today’s modern, multifunction kitchens and with the new NEXUS Steam, users will also have the benefit of oven roasting, batch baking and rapid cooking in one appliance. It can also grill, griddle, boil and simmer and it even comes with a dedicated proving drawer for dough. The new steam oven cavity also includes a temperature controlled, rapid heat up grilling function to finish or brown food to perfection.
Providing everything a home cook could want from a single appliance, the new NEXUS Steam range cooker from Rangemaster is a unique innovation for the range cooking market. As well as oven roasting, batch baking and rapid cooking, users can now benefit from a dedicated steam cavity that retains food’s vitamins, minerals, nutrients, texture and taste.
•Versatility – steam is a great way to cook a vast array of foods from eggs to fish to meat to vegetables to puddings to cheesecakes
•Superior nutrient, texture and flavour retention of foods that are steamed
•Precise temperature control enables everything from defrosting at 40° to sous vide cooking around 57-64 °to full steam at 100°
•Effortless safe cooking – pop the food in, set the time, temperature then press play and relax while the steam cavity does the work
•Easy clean and dishwasher safe trays
•A dedicated temperature controlled grill
•Reheating dishes in the steam oven restores lost moisture, perfect for left overs
•Enhanced flavour – keep the fresh natural taste of foods through gentle steaming
•Sterilise bottles and jars for preserving
•Cooking with steam is healthier as no fat or oil needed
•Colour – bring out the fresh vibrant natural colour of food as steam is a gentle cooking process
•Moisture – food retains more moisture when steamed
•Sous vide – accurately control the temperature to sous vide cook, usually between 57-64°
The vast hob features 5 gas burners and a multizone cooking area with griddle. The gas burners vary in size providing ultimate flexibility:
- 1 small burner which is great for gentle simmering, a stove top espresso or a milk pan
- 2 medium burners for everyday cooking: boiling, frying or sautéing
- 1 large burner for rapid boiling, larger pans or for reducing
- 1 powerful multi-ring burner for wok cooking, casserole dishes or paella and maslin pans
The multizone located on the left of the hob offers several cooking options in one convenient place. The flat griddle offers non-stick cooking for a healthier finish to meat, fish, vegetables, eggs, pancakes, toasties or breakfast for example. Alternatively remove the griddle, and utilise the two ceramic zones for additional cooking space.
Alternatively, if you prefer the option of a fast, responsive and incredibly controllable hob, the Nexus Steam is also available to choose with an Induction hob featuring:
- Three low temperature settings: The low temperature settings can be used to hold the cooking zones at the programmed temperature for a period of two hours. If left untouched, all low temperature settings will automatically switch off after 2 hours to ensure safety. Examples of what you could use each setting for at the assigned temperature are as follows: L1 44 degrees c – Melting butter or chocolate. L2 70 degrees c – Keep warm. Once you’ve prepared food, place burner on L2 to keep warm. L3 94 degrees c – The perfect simmer!
- Bridging zone: The Nexus Steam Induction hob is made up of five cooking zones. The two large cooking zones that make up the bridging-zone can be operated as one large cooking area suitable for a griddle, a large pan or a number of pans, or operated independently as two separate zones. The bridging-zone is activated using two rotary controls in sync but once activated, temperature is adjusted using just one control.
- Griddle: The Nexus Steam Induction comes complete with a griddle included. The griddle is made from cast aluminium so is durable and hard-wearing but also light-weight. The griddle has protective rubber feet to prevent damage to the glass hob during use.
- Power boost setting: The ‘P’ function provides maximum power instantly. Power Boost allows additional power to be made available for each of the cooking zones. This is useful to bring a large pan of water to the boil quickly. The Power Boost function operates for a maximum of 10 minutes on each zone, after which the power is automatically reduced to setting 9.
- Large central cooking zone: The large central zone is ideal for larger pans such as woks, frying pans or maslin pans.
The brand new digital touch control fascia allows you to precisely control the steam cavity and multifunction oven to within a single degree for ultimate control and precision. The steam cavity ranges from 40 degrees which is great for defrosting to full steam at 100 degrees or alternatively for sous vide cooking around 57-64 degrees. The multifunction oven ranges from 40-260 degrees with the option to select every degree in between enabling food to be cooked accurately. For example you can select 63 degrees for hot hold or above, cook a loaf at 260 degrees for the first few minutes to achieve a perfect crust, have the ability for long slow cooking at 105 degrees for tender meat or finally drying fruit at 80 degrees.
The perfectly sealed glass fascia provides effortless style and also ensures no oil, crumbs or moisture can get behind the glass for easy cleaning.
Operated via a rotary control dial on the fascia panel, the drawer is the perfect environment for proving dough reaching a temperature of 40 degrees. Alternatively the drawer could be used to melt butter, rest meat, take the chill off plates ready for serving or simply used for storage provided no plastic items are placed in the drawer.
The large capacity multifunction oven offers 11 cooking functions to ensure your food is cooked to perfection. The 11 functions include a rapid heat up for when you are short on time, and 3 new range cooking functions: Duo, Delicate and Eco mode.
- Duo: this uses the base heat with the fan and fanned element for an intense cooking function. The result is one step pastry dishes. Therefore there is no need to blind bake simply add filling to raw pastry, perfect for pastries and open tarts e.g. quiche
- Delicate: a very gentle cooking function that uses the fan to circulate the heat from the base. This is great for foods requiring cooking at lower temperatures for example meringues or Crème brûlée as it is a very gentle cooking function.
- ECO: this setting saves energy, when cooking in fanned mode. No preheating of the oven is required and the elements are turned off conserving energy.
Finally there is a automatic pause function, which restricts heat escaping from the oven when the left hand oven door is open.
Offering half or full width grilling for energy saving and three heat settings; low, medium and high, the deluxe glide-out grill features a 4-way trivet which enables food to be grilled closer or further away from the elements for flexible cooking. The touch safe handle combined with the telescopic runners makes checking on food effortless and you can easily clean the trivet and grilling tray by popping them in the dishwasher.
Perfect for classic and contemporary kitchen designs, the new NEXUS Steam is available as a 110cm width with a choice of a gas or induction hob, in black, slate, stainless steel and ivory with a unique sleek black glass fascia panel and premium rotary controls. To learn more, please view the video.