Whether you're trying to cut down on your meat intake or simply looking for a new and tasty brunch idea, this high protein vegan tofu scramble is the perfect breakfast to make on the weekends.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 280g extra firm tofu
- 100g cherry tomatoes halved
- Handful of spinach
- Sriracha to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil on the teppanyaki griddle or multizone (a frying pan can be used if your range cooker doesn't have this accessory).
- Roughly mash the tofu in a bowl using a fork, keeping some pieces chunky. Add the tofu, spices and garlic to the griddle or pan and fry for 3 mins.
- Raise the heat, then tip in the tomatoes, cooking for 5 mins more or until they begin to soften.
- Add a handful of spinach to the scramble and mix through. Heat until wilted.
- To serve, place on top of a slice of bread of your choice along with sriracha.