This dish is simple, quick and easy. It’s a delightful vegetarian recipe that brings together fantastic flavours that will leave your taste buds dancing. Whether you're seeking a light lunch or a satisfying dinner, smoked tofu noodle stir-fry with mange tout and peppers is perfect for making healthy eating delicious!
Cooking time: 15 mins (plus prep)
- Wok (or large skillet/frying pan)
- Chopping board
- Small bowls (to set ingredients aside)
- Serving plate
- 100g smoked tofu or regular tofu – chopped into bite-sized strips
- 100g Mange tout – thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 stem of fresh lemongrass
- 1 medium red onion
- 2g fresh ginger
- 1 pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g egg noodles (or noodles of your choice)
- 20g sweet pea shoots (or garnish of your choice)
For the Sauce:
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp water
- Start by pressing the tofu to remove excess liquid. Place the tofu between paper towels and set a heavy object on top. Let it drain for about 20 minutes. Once drained, cut the tofu into matchsticks or bite-sized pieces.
- Mince the lemongrass and garlic, then thinly slice the ginger, mange tout and pepper. Finely chop the red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, sweet chilli sauce, light soy sauce, a pinch of salt and water. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok (or large skillet/frying pan) over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and lemongrass, and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the egg noodles to the pan and stir-fry them briefly. Transfer the garlic, lemongrass and noodles to the plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add another tablespoon of vegetable oil and throw in the sliced mange tout, pepper, ginger and red onion. Sauté them until they're slightly tender but still retain their crunch. Carefully fold in the sautéed mixture with the noodles, making sure not to break the noodles.
- Once again, add a bit of oil to the pan. Toss in the smoked tofu and pour over the sauce you prepared earlier. Stir-fry for about 1 minute, ensuring the tofu is coated in the flavoursome sauce. Remove from heat.
- Place the tofu on top of the noodles and vegetables. Sprinkle the dish with the sweet pea shoots or your chosen garnish, adding a final touch of freshness and colour. Now sit back and enjoy this delightful smoked tofu stir-fry!
Professional chef, restaurateur and author, Thuy Pham has created this delicious recipe exclusively for Rangemaster using her Leckford Deluxe 110cm Dual Fuel range cooker.