Chef and Rangemaster brand ambassador* Jordan Bourke has created this delicious recipe exclusively for Rangemaster using his Nexus Steam range cooker.
- 1 tsp honey
- 250g yoghurt
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 large aubergines
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1½ tbsp red miso
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 2 spring onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Select the fanned grilling option on the multi oven and pre heat to 200°.
- In a bowl, combine together the honey, yoghurt, tahini and lemon juice, season to taste and set aside.
- Cut the aubergines in half lengthways and score the flesh. Drizzle over a little oil and rub into the flesh. Arrange the aubergine, flesh side up, on the perforated tray provided with the steam oven. Place the tray inside the steam cavity and cook for 8 minutes at full steam 100°.
- While the aubergine is cooking make the miso paste. Place the miso, sugar and mirin in a pan over a gentle heat and stir to combine for a couple of minutes. Once everything has come together and the mixture is warm, remove from the heat.
- Remove the aubergine from the steam oven and transfer to a lined baking tray and spread the miso paste evenly over the top of the aubergine. Place the tray into the middle section of the preheated grill oven and cook for a 10-12 minutes until the miso paste begins to caramelise and bubble.
- Plate up the aubergine, dollop over some of the yoghurt, serving the rest on the side. Scatter over the spring onion, sesame seeds and chili flakes and serve immediately.