- 1 x 400g pack good-quality herby sausages
- plain flour, for dusting
- 1 x 500g pack ready made shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-3 tbsp onion chutney
- poppy seeds, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Split the sausages using a sharp knife, then squeeze the sausagemeat into a bowl.
- Mix the sausage meat with the onion chutney.
- Cut the pastry block in half and, on a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a long rectangle shape, measuring about 40cm x 15cm, with a thickness of about 3mm. Form half of the filling into a log about the length of the pastry. Put the sausage on the pastry about 5mm in from the edge.
- Brush the edge with the beaten egg, then fold the pastry over the sausage filling and press to seal the edge. Crimp using your fingers or press down with a forK.
- Brush the top of the roll with the beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Then cut into 6 rolls. Prepare a second batch using the remaining pastry and filling.
- Bake on a baking tray lined with nonstick baking paper for 20-25 minutes.