- 4 salmon fillets
- 260g spinach
- 1 avocado
- 400g cooked rice
For the teriyaki sauce:
- 175ml soy sauce
- 175ml mirin (rice wine)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- small knob of ginger (grated)
- In a small saucepan bring soy sauce, mirin, honey, garlic and ginger to a gentle simmer for about 10 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place each salmon fillet onto a piece of foil covering it with the teriyaki sauce and wrapping it in a small parcel. Ensure to reserve a quarter of the sauce.
- In a preheated oven, cook the salmon fillets for 18 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Meanwhile heat a pan to a medium temperature adding the spinach and 2 tablespoons water. Cover the pan and leave it for 2 minutes. Uncover and stir. Cook, stirring for about a minute more until it is completely wilted and remove from the heat.
- Serve up the dish with the cooked rice, sliced avocado, wilted spinach and salmon - pour the remaining sauce over each of the bowls.