- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic crushed (or lazy garlic)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Red chilli flakes
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Zest of a lemon
- 12 - 16 new potatoes depending on size and appetite, halved if large
- Knob of butter to stir through after cooking
- 2 large carrots – cut into small batons
- Frozen peas – couple of small handfuls
- 2 Courgettes – sliced into very thick chunks
- Perforated steam cavity tray
- Steam cavity shelf
- Solid steam tray for the chicken
Firstly set up the steam cavity so that all of the trays and shelf can fit in.
Prepare the chicken
1. Check each chicken breast and remove any bones, sinew or fat
2. Lay each breast onto the solid tray
3. Mix together the chilli flakes, oil, garlic and thyme and brush liberally over all of the chicken breasts.
4. Season each chicken breast and sprinkle lemon zest over each one.
Add the potatoes to one corner of the perforated tray and place the steam cavity on for 10 min at full steam 100°.
After the second 10 min is up add the carrots to the perforated tray and place the solid tray in the top of the oven to cook the chicken. Set the cook time for 5 min at 100° steam.
Finally after the 5 min has ended add the frozen peas and courgette chunks to the perforated tray and cook for a final 5 min at 100° steam.
Remove everything from the oven and plate up while still hot. Dot butter over the potatoes and season if required.
This recipe has been developed especially for Rangemaster by Product Demonstrator, Lindsey Payne.