A delicious alternative to the usual hot dog, these fish dogs are perfect for all the family and are super simple to make with the kids.
- 300-400g skinless and boneless pollock or cod, cut into 4 chunky fish fingers
- 25g plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 50g Parmesan Cheese
- Tartare sauce
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 4 brioche hot dog buns
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 7, then lightly oil a baking tray.
- Put the flour mixed with some salt and pepper in a shallow bowl, then the beaten egg in another bowl and the breadcrumbs and parmesan in a third bowl. Working in batches, coat the fish in the seasoned flour first, then shake off any excess and dip in the egg, followed by the breadcrumbs, then put the coated fish fingers on a plate.
- Place them on the oiled tray and bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Serve the fish dogs on a hot dog bun with lettuce, tartare sauce and a wedge of lemon.