This dish has a lovely flavour with the tangy lemon and nutty tahini. It cooks in 20 minutes so it is perfect for mid-week cooking. The steam cavity makes light work of the quinoa and chicken as they can be cooked at the same time!
Serves: 2 people
Total cooking time: 18 minutes (Nexus steam) or 20 minutes (Rangemaster built in steam oven)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 60g quinoa
- ½ teaspoon veg bullion (or half a stock cube)
- 180ml hot water
- Tahini dressing:
- 2 teaspoon of tahini
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or similar
- 1 whole lemon – squeezed
- Good grind of salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh herbs if you have any e.g. basil, parsley, chives
- Handful of cherry tomatoes to serve
- Sliced spring onions to serve
- Firstly ensure your steam cavity is filled with fresh water, is clean and ready to go. For this recipe you need the wire rack only.
- Using a metal rectangular or square roasting/baking dish (ideally a gastronorm ⅓ size 10cm deep but a small roasting dish would work well) place the quinoa into the dish, pour over the stock and then mix in the bullion powder.
- Place the dish onto the wire rack and cook at full steam 100° for 10 minutes.
- While the quinoa cooks make the dressing by placing all the ingredients into a bowl and whisking well.
- Place the chicken breasts onto a shallow metal baking tray or gastronorm.
- When the 10 minutes are up add the chicken to the steam cavity (leave the quinoa in) and cook at full steam 100° for (if “H20 hot” is displayed press the “+” sign to revert back to the time and temp display then press the clock symbol to change the time):
- 8 minutes if you have a Nexus steam cavity
- 10 minutes if you have a Rangemaster built in steam cavity.
- When the cooking is finished simply divide the quinoa between two plates and then slice the chicken breast and place on top of the quinoa. Top with the dressing and scatter over the cherry tomatoes and spring onions.
- The cooking time in the steam cavity may vary slightly by one or two minutes depending on if you have a nexus steam or a standard built in steam cavity.
- Easily double the recipe and make it for 4 or 6 people. The beauty of steam cooking is that you do not need to double the cooking time!
This recipe has been developed especially for Rangemaster by Product Demonstrator, Lindsey Payne.