Chef and Rangemaster brand ambassador* Jordan Bourke has created this delicious heart-warming stew recipe exclusively for Rangemaster using his Nexus Steam range cooker.
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more to drizzle over
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves only, finely chopped
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 400g chickpeas from a jar (drained weight), rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 500ml chicken stock
- 200g cavolo nero, stalks removed and roughly chopped
- 60g parmesan, finely grated
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- Put the oil into a pot with a metal handle that will fit inside the steam cavity and set over a medium heat. Add in the onion, most of the chilli flakes, garlic and rosemary and sauté for 8 minutes until the onions are beginning to soften. Stir frequently and reduce the heat if it looks like the garlic is beginning to catch. Season to taste.
- Add in the chicken, chickpeas, tinned tomatoes, stock and cavolo nero. Place the pot on the lowest shelf inside the steam cavity and cook for 18 minutes at full steam 100°.
- Remove the pot and stir in most of the parmesan and the crème fraiche, taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. If the stock you are using already contains salt, you may need a little less parmesan or salt.
- Serve in bowls with the remaining chilli and parmesan scattered over and a drizzle of olive oil.