A family favourite! Warm up the tortillas in a dry frying pan and keep them warm wrapped foil.
Serves: 4 people for a light lunch or 2 people for a large meal
- Glug of rapeseed oil
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 1 chicken breast cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- A teaspoon of finely diced red chilli (optional, leave out if you don’t like it hot)
- Half a lime, juiced
- Pack of small tortillas
- Mix all the ingredients together in bowl and then cover and refrigerate for at least an hour but if you have time up to 24 hours
- Take a large non-stick frying pan and put on a high heat
- Add the fajita mixture to the pan and cook stirring occasionally. It will take around 5 to 6 minutes for the chicken to be cooked through. Remove a piece from the pan and cut it in half to check that it is cooked thoroughly. Once cooked remove from the heat
- Place one or two small frying pans on a high heat and dry fry the tortillas one at a time in the pan. Covering them over with foil on a plate will help keep them warm while the remainder are cooked
- Serve warm straight from the pan with all your favourite accompaniments!
- Prepare lots of accompaniments to go with the fajitas – sour cream, avocado, guacamole, grated cheese, diced red onion, shredded lettuce etc.
- Squeeze over the other half of the lime for a zingy dish.
This recipe has been developed especially for Rangemaster by Product Demonstrator, Lindsey Payne.