A fantastic versatile soup that is so quick to prepare – no chopping needed, just a greater and a saucepan. Brilliant for using store cupboard ingredients and for a last-minute healthy lunch that can be on the table in 20 minutes.
This recipe has been developed especially for Rangemaster by Product Training Manager, Lindsey Payne.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 600g grated carrots (around 6 medium carrots, no need to peel)
- 140g split red lentils – rinsed well
- 1 litre veg stock
- 125ml milk – any kind e.g. whole, skimmed, almond, soy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large saucepan dry-fry the cumin seeds and chilli flakes
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes
- Blitz with a stick blender or in a food processor