Professional baker and author, Juliet Sear has created this delicious recipe exclusively for Rangemaster using her Elise 110cm Dual Fuel range cooker.
- 175g digestives, blitzed to a fine crumb
- 90g melted butter
- 480g cream cheese, must be full fat
- 100g white caster sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium eggs
- 100g soured cream
- ¼ tsp of salt
- Icing sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C fan and line the cupcake tin with cupcake/muffin cases.
- Mix the butter into the crumbled biscuit and divide into the 12 cupcake cases, bake these for 10 mins, then remove from the oven and let cool. Turn the oven down to 135°C fan.
- Beat cream cheese in a bowl with an electric mixer for around five mins, scraping the sides down as needed. Gradually add caster sugar and beat until combined.
- Then, beat in the vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the sour cream and salt.
- Divide batter evenly among the biscuit-lined cupcake cases, filling each one almost to the top. (Tip: It’s quite handy to transfer the batter into a jug and pour into the cases, it is quite thick but will slowly run out of the jug if you encourage it with a spoon – it’s much less messy this way.)
- Bake for around 22-25 minutes, or until filling is set. Rotate the cupcake tray halfway through baking.
- Place the cheesecakes, in the cupcake tray, on cooling racks and leave until cool. Then, transfer to the fridge and leave for at least four hours but overnight is best.
- Serve with a teaspoon of berry coulis, strawberry is lovely and can be bought in the shops, and top with a few fresh berries and a dusting of icing sugar.