These delicious and crunchy potato skins are a perfect fireside snack. Great for bonfire parties or wintery gatherings. They work with so many fillings such as beans and cheese, chilli and cheese or curry too. Juliet loves baking these in her Elise 110cm Dual Fuel range cooker until they are deeply golden and crispy!
Makes 12 halves
- 6 pre-baked jacket potatoes
- 450g grated cheese (I’ve used half mozzarella and half cheddar)
- 1 x small tin of sweetcorn approx. 200g, drained
- 4 x spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive or veg oil
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp cooked crispy bacon or veggie bacon bits
- Soured cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan.
- Half the potatoes and scoop out the middles, leaving a shell approx. 1cm thick.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking tray and brush over generously with oil on both sides.
- Bake for approx. 30-40 mins, turning occasionally until they are deep golden and crunchy.
- Mix the cheeses, sweetcorn and spring onion together and season with black pepper.
- Pile the filling into the crispy potato skins and bake for another 15 mins until the cheese is all melted, golden and bubbling. Serve with soured cream.
Professional baker and author, Juliet Sear has created this delicious recipe exclusively for Rangemaster using her Elise 110cm Dual Fuel range cooker.