- 6oz of dark chocolate
- 6oz of butter
- 3 eggs
- 8oz of castor sugar
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 4oz of plain flour
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Place the butter and chocolate in a pan over a low heat melt the chocolate and the butter; stirring occasionally.
- In the jug mix together all the sugar, 3 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence and beat until combined.
- When the chocolate and butter have melted take it off the heat and allow to cool slightly – bringing the pan to the wooden workstation.
- Pour the contents of the jug (the egg and sugar mixture) into the pan of melted chocolate and butter and mix thoroughly.
- Next add the flour and half a teaspoon of salt to the pan and mix well to form a smooth paste.
- Finally pour the brownie mixture into the pre-prepared tin, use the spatula to scrape every last bit from the saucepan into the tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes (180 fan oven)
- When the brownies are cooked remove them from the oven and allow them to cool.
- If serving them with ice cream let them cool for about 5 to 10 mins and if serving cold allow them to cool completely until you can handle them to take them out of the tin and place on a wire rack.
- Cut the brownies into small squares, serve and enjoy!