Fruity Baked Pudding
Delicious served fresh from the oven with lashings of custard or cream, this colourful pudding is packed with fresh fruity flavour. We’ve used a combination of strawberries, raspberries, redcurrants and blackberries but you can vary the mix as well as the quantities according to your preference. You could also use frozen fruit if the berries aren’t in season.
- Oil for greasing
- 100g Strawberries
- 100g Raspberries
- 100g Redcurrants
- 100g Blackberries
- or 400g of any soft fruits
- 2 medium eggs
- 30g Caster sugar
- 80ml Skimmed milk
- 2tsp Vanilla extract
- 60g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 200°C conventional oven centre shelf, 180°C for fan oven, Gas 6 centre shelf.
- Lightly grease a dish 26cm wide x 4cm deep
- Thickly slice any large strawberries and place them with the other fruits into the greased dish.
- Whisk the eggs and caster sugar until pale and fluffy. Then beat the milk and vanilla extract into the mixture and then fold in the sifted flour and baking powder.
- Pour cake mix over the fruit and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the mixture is cooked through and golden on the top.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately with cream or crème fraiche.