- 350g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 225g butter, softened
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 350g dark chocolate chunks (whole bars broken up)
- Mix all ingredients together until a dough is formed.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and chill well.
- Roll the dough into small rounds about the size of a walnut and place well spaced out on lined baking trays.
- Bake at 180°C, conventional oven, centre shelf; fan oven 170°C; GM4 for 9-11 minutes. The cookies should have a crisp outer and be molten and gooey chocolate in the centre.