Imagine serving your very own homemade jam with breakfast in the morning. Well now you can with this simple recipe for blueberry conserve. It only takes four ingredients plus water and is ready in just 25 minutes. Serve with warmed croissants for a weekend family brunch or slather on hot buttered toast for pure early morning indulgence.
- 500g blueberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 700g golden granulated sugar
- 100ml apples pectin extract (certo)
- 60ml water
- Pour the blueberries into a large pan with the lemon juice and water. Simmer for 10 minutes until the fruit is soft.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and boil for 3-5 minutes, then add the Certo and boil until it begins to set
- Leave to cool, then pour into sterilised jars, cover, seal and label
Ready in 25 minutes