For the pastry
- 225g plain flour
- 100g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
For the frangipane filling
- 200g butter
- 70g caster sugar
- 3tbsp honey
- 3 eggs
- 200g ground almonds
- 50g plain flour
- 50g white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp spiced rum (optional)
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tin of apricot halves, drained
- White chocolate, melted, for decoration
- Fluted 8” (20cm) loose bottom tart tin
- To make the pastry, rub the butter into the flour, to resemble fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar. Add the egg yolk and work into a dough ball, you may need a little water if the pastry is not coming together.
- Wrap the pastry in some greaseproof paper, and allow to chill for an hour.
- Preheat the Rangemaster 10 function Built-in Oven to Duo, 170°C.
- Roll the pastry so to 2-3mm thick, line the tin with the pastry and cut away any excess leaving a 2 mm overhang. Prick the pastry all over with a sharp knife and allow to chill while preparing the filling.
- To make the frangipane filling, in a large bowl cream the butter, sugar and honey together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Sieve in the grounds almonds and flour and fold together.
- Add the rum and chocolate chips and fold through until evenly distributed. Set aside
- Spread the apricot jam in the base of the pastry case, so there is an even layer. Add the frangipane filling and spread evenly on top of the jam.
- Arrange the apricot halves on the top.
- Place the frangipane on the wire shelf on shelve position 1 of the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the frangipane and allow to cool. Serve warm or cold with a spoon of crème fraîche or whipped cream and enjoy.