For the pastry
- 225g plain flour
- 1tsp salt
- 100g butter, cubed
- 6-8 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 50g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 50g chestnut mushrooms, cut into 1cm cubes
- 12tsp tomato puree
- 60g cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 large eggs
- 100ml whole milk
- 100ml double cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10cm circular pastry cutter
- 12 hole shallow bun tin
- To make the pastry, sieve the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Gradually add the water a little at a time, until a firm dough is formed.
- Wrap in grease proof paper and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll the pastry until its 2-3 mm thick and cut out 12 10cm circles. Line the shallow bun tin with the circles and place back in the refrigerator to chill while preparing the filling.
- Preheat the Rangemaster 10 function Built-in Oven to Duo, 170°C
- In a medium frying pan, heat the oil for a few seconds add the potatoes and fry for 4-5 minutes until soft and tender, add the spinach and mushrooms and allow to wilt and cook through.
- In the top of each pastry case, spread a teaspoon of tomato puree, then spoon over the potato, spinach and mushroom mixture over, followed by a sprinkling of cheese.
- In a measuring jug, beat together the, eggs, milk and cream, adding a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the tartlets, and place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown and the egg mixture has set.
- Remove the tartlets from the tin and enjoy warm or cold