- 2 rashes of bacon, cooked until crispy and cut into 2cm pieces
- 50g mature cheddar cheese
- 15g parmesan cheese
- 125g plain flour
- 10g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ - 1 tsp black pepper (depending how peppery you want the muffins)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 80ml milk
- 70ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 6 x paper muffin cases
- 1 x 6 hole bun tin, suitable for use in a microwave.
- Preheat the Rangemaster Combination Microwave Oven to convention 220°C.
- In a bowl mixture the bacon, cheeses, plain flour, sugar, baking powder, black pepper and salt together.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vegetable oil and maple syrup if using.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the eggs, milk and oil, until fully incorporated and there are no signs of any flour.
- Weigh 75g of mixture into each muffin case.
- Place the muffins on the turntable of the Rangemaster Combination Microwave Oven.
- Programme the Rangemaster Combination Microwave Oven to Microwave Convection, 200W, 200°C for 15 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to stand for 5 minutes after cooking before serving.
- Serve warm and enjoy.