Spicy Beef Skewers
These tasty morsels are perfect finger food and will leave your guests wanting more. For best results, griddle on the hob but if you don’t have a griddle, you can use a grill. It’s worth making the extra effort to create the dipping sauce too, as this enhances the spicy flavour without overpowering it. You could always leave the chillies out if you wish.
- 500g / 1lb 2oz mince beef
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 8 fresh lemon grass stalks
- 2-3 tbsp coconut milk
For the dipping sauce
- 50ml / 2fl oz rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Mix the beef, curry paste and coriander together in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture into eight portions. Press and squeeze the mixture around the top of the lemongrass stalks.
- Put in a shallow non-metallic dish and pour the coconut milk over.
- Leave to marinade for up to 24 hours in the fridge, but no less than two hours to get the maximum flavour.
- To make the dipping sauce, gently heat the vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in a pan until the sugar has dissolved. Leave to cool, then stir in the chilli.
- Heat a griddle on the hob if you have one, or your grill, and cook the beef skewers for two minutes on both sides until browned. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.