Fresh tuna can be expensive but it is delicious. Cooked simply like this with the crunch of sesame and Nigella seeds, the tuna remains succulent.
You will need wooden skewers to cook the tuna.
The skewers are easy to cook on a griddle but a large non-stick frying pan will also work well.
- 450g/1lb fresh tuna steak
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons Nigella seeds
- Sunflower oil to brush the griddle plate
- Hoi-Sin sauce
- Stir fried vegetables
- Cut the tuna into neat cubes measuring 1.5cm/½ inch
- Mix together the seeds in a shallow bowl
- Carefully coat the sides of the cubed tuna leaving 2 sides without seeds.
- Thread the tuna cubes onto the wooden skewers
- Pre heat your Rangemaster griddle on medium heat for 10 minutes
- Lightly oil the griddle and place the tuna skewers on to cook
- Keep turning the tuna to seal the sides and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until the tuna is cooked to your liking.
- Serve with Hoi-sin sauce for dipping and some stir fried vegetables.