Spicy Beef Skewers
The perfect spicy starter or snack, these beef skewers should ideally be left to marinade in the fridge for up to 24 hours so this is one dish to plan ahead. The dipping sauce should be served cool and complements the flavours beautifully. You can use a Rangemaster griddle for this recipe or a grill will do just as well.
- 500g / 1lb 2oz mince beef
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 8 fresh lemon grass stalks
- 2-3 tbsp coconut milk
For the dipping sauce
- 50ml / 2fl oz rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Mix the beef, curry paste and coriander together in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture into eight portions. Press and squeeze the mixture around the top of the lemongrass stalks.
- Put in a shallow non-metallic dish and pour the coconut milk over.
- Leave to marinade for up to 24 hours in the fridge, but no less than two hours to get the maximum flavour.
- To make the dipping sauce, gently heat the vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in a pan until the sugar has dissolved. Leave to cool, then stir in the chilli.
- Heat a griddle on the hob if you have one, or your grill, and cook the beef skewers for two minutes on both sides until browned. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.