Peking Duck Wraps
For a quick and easy take on this Chinese favourite, simply spread the sauce over the duck breasts, cook in the oven until golden, slice and serve with warmed tortillas and ribbons of cucumber, carrot and spring onion. It’s so simple and is the perfect finger food for a Friday night in.
- 2 duck breasts
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp Chinese 5-spice
- 200g Hoisin sauce
- 4 flour tortilla wraps, each cut into 4
- ½ cucumber, sliced into thin ribbons
- 4 spring rolls, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into ribbons
- Preheat the oven to 220⁰c fan, 230⁰c conventional, gas 7
- Put the duck on a rack, resting over a tin
- Mix the honey, 5-Spice and one tbsp of Hoisin sauce then spread over the fatty side of the duck
- Cook for 12 minutes until the skin is dark golden, crispy and the duck is just cooked
- Microwave the tortillas on high (900W) for one minute, (750W) for 1 ½ minutes.
- Slice the duck, sprinkle the tortilla with Hoisin sauce and top with duck, cucumber and spring onions and a carrot ribbon. Fold and roll up.
10 minutes to prepare 12 minutes to cook