1 large or 2 small butternut squash
freshly ground black pepper
150g/5oz blue cheese such as Gorgonzola, Dolcelatte, Cambazola or Stilton
a good handful of chopped fresh sage
25g/1oz pumpkin seeds
- Pre heat the oven to 180C fan; 190C conventional, centre shelf; gas 5
- Halve the squash and scoop out the seeds.
- Score the flesh of the squash lightly with a sharp knife and rub in some olive oil. Season with pepper.
- Bake the squash halves on a baking tray until the flesh is soft, this will take 20-30 minutes depending on their size.
- Scoop out the cooked squash into a bowl and combine with the crumbled or diced blue cheese and chopped sage. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Return the flesh and cheese to the skins, sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and drizzle with a little olive oil and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a green salad.