Filter Blog By...The Rangemaster Bloggers
Alexandra Dibble Home Economist
Gill Bland of ‘Tales of Pigling Bland’ food and cookery blog
Hayley Gilbert Freelance writer for kitchen magazines, websites and blogs
James McIntosh World award winning cookery writer & demonstrator
Emma Line Brand Manager
Lindsey Payne Training Manager
- Cooker Hoods
- Rangemaster Cookery Theatre
- Range cooker
- Sinks & Taps
Take One Sink…
Posted by Hayley Gilbert Monday, 6th March 2017
When it comes to kitting out the kitchen, after choosing your new cooking appliances – whether it’s a statement Rangemaster range cooker or the sleek new built-in collection, the next step is to select the sink. With so many styles to choose from in both classic and contemporary designs, as well as teaming it with the right tap to match, it can be difficult to know where to start. So we’ve picked some of our favourite Rangemaster models and paired them up with taps, worktops and accessories to help you create the look you’ve always wanted.
A simple black and white theme is a great way of creating a sophisticated look with an urban edge and with so many products to choose from, it’s easy to achieve a modern or traditional feel. As well as sticking to the monochrome theme, think about shape and size as well as texture and material to add interest. Mix it up a little by introducing raw elements such as exposed brickwork, concrete surfaces and steel pillars or timber beams.
1) Rangemaster’s Cubix black composite sink is heat, impact, stain and abrasion resistant and costs £209.99
2) For a thoroughly modern finish, the Quadrant Monostem tap from Rangemaster comes in a brushed finish and is priced £189.99
3) Orka is one of 20 colours in the Mistral range of 25mm solid surface worktops from Karonia. Priced around £250 per linear metre, it’s guaranteed for 10 years, www.mistralworktops.co.uk
4) London Brick is the latest wall tile range from Tile Mountain. In glazed porcelain and priced £19.99 per sq m, it comes in a choice of red or white colourways with a textured finish to replicate the feel of real bricks, www.tilemountain.co.uk
5) Take a break and have a cuppa in this attractive Tourron orange jumbo cup and saucer, which is available from Abode Living, priced £26, www.abodeliving.co.uk
For a more traditional feel perfect for country cottage kitchens, consider teaming a farmhouse butler or Belfast sink with classic swan neck tap, wooden worksurfaces and open shelving with plenty of pots, pans and pottery on show. Copper pans look great with this style of kitchen and are also exceptionally good at retaining heat. For walls, there are some lovely tiles available with folksy patterns and prints that can add a splash of colour to an otherwise natural scheme.
6) This classic Farmhouse Belfast sink from Rangemaster has a traditional weir overflow and costs £133
7) Team with Rangemaster’s Aquaclassic traditional-style tap with porcelain levers, priced £88.99
8) For timeless character, warmth and natural beauty, consider the Walnut solid wooden worktop from Cooke & Lewis at B&Q. At 40mm thick and made from premium FSC certified solid timber, price will depend on size selected, www.diy.com
9) A colourful tile with an eye-catching Moroccan design, the Renkli Geometric décor tile from Walls and Floors will make a lovely splashback behind the sink area and costs £29.95 per sq m, www.wallsandfloors.co.uk
10) We couldn’t resist this pure cotton tea towel with striking carrot print, priced £11 at Lush Designs, www.lushlampshades.co.uk
Create a kitchen packed with professional style by using plenty of stainless steel, which is hygienic and easy to clean. As well as a Rangemaster range cooker and built-in appliance collection, you can also find a choice of steel sinks and taps. To add a pop of colour, consider small appliances or worktop storage solutions or combine with wooden accents to add warmth and charm.
11) Kube is a brushed stainless steel undermounted sink from Rangemaster with square waste and roomy bowls. Sleek and contemporary, it costs £239.99
12) Rangemaster’s Aquapro tap is the perfect partner with its pull-out hose spray, priced £200
13) As well as their traditional stand mixer, KitchenAid also offer a variety of additional small appliances to match. This dome kettle in Crystal Blue costs £79 at ao.com
14) If there are no drainer grooves, a dishrack can be just as practical and stylish. Copper dishrack, £40, The Contemporary Home, www.tch.net
15) Bring a burst of fresh colour to the sink area with this fun Pea Pod tea towel from Annabel James, priced £11.95, www.annabeljames.co.uk